EPISODE 434: Understanding Your Bloodwork
When was the last time you went to your doctor for a checkup? Did you make any requests or did you just let them do their thing and trust they’d let you know if something was amiss?
Allopathic medicine is exceptional at treating illness and disease but not great for preventative care. For health-seekers, this means you need to take ownership of your health, ask questions, and request the tests and analysis you need to understand your own body.
But where do you start? On this week’s show, we’ll help you think strategically about getting your bloodwork done and interpreting the results.
Listen in to learn:
- Why elevated cortisol and adrenal dysfunction can often be the root of modern health problems
- Why standard thyroid test are often incomplete and how to request comprehensive testing
- Should you pay out-of-pocket or will insurance cover it?
- Why many issues can be correct functionally
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Strong is a certified functional medicine practitioner based. He is kinesiologist and chiropractor and helps people with comprehensive, personalized treatment plans. He is the author of the books, Understanding Your Bloodwork and How It Relates to Your Health Issues and Reclaim Your Brain. Both are available on Amazon.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Addicted to Chocolate
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes