EPISODE 342: Traditional vs. Alternative Medicine
Modern medicine’s best thinking pales in comparison to the wisdom of our bodies. The best science only has a very rudimentary understanding of the dynamic and complex organism we inhabit, and yet we’re always looking for the magic pill and the prescriptive cure.On this week’s show, we’ll explore ancestral wisdom for the modern man and the seemingly impossible attempt to find a balance.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why dead people don’t teach us everything we need to know about living people
- How to work with your body for health and healing
- Why a ‘sick’ response is often just the body’s healthy response to self-care
- How the flawed current medical system is more about maintenance and survival than health
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Cowan has served as vice president of the Physicians Association for Anthropo-sophical Medicine and is a founding board member of the Weston A. Price Foundation™. He is the principal author of the book The Fourfold Path to Healing and the co-author of The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby & Child Care. He writes the ‘Ask the Doctor’ column in Wise Traditions in Food, Farming and the Healing Arts. He has lectured throughout the United States and Canada.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Blending Smoothies Any Good
Links & Resources:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes