EPISODE 464: Self-Care for Pain & Injuries
Have you ever gotten obsessed with a new diet or exercise routine? Enthusiasm is rare, so when you’re feeling it, you naturally want to go all in. But if your zero-to-hero journey is rushed, as it often is, you can end up with busted knees, a herniated disc, or plantar fasciitis.
My first two years as a yoga student, I was on-and-off injured constantly. I went to sports therapists, chiropractors, and massage therapists trying to find someone to fix me.
A good therapist can be life-changing, but at the end of the day, you and your body have to work together to heal. On this week’s podcast, you’ll meet a physical therapist who will help you rethink pain and injury.
Listen & Learn:
- How to incorporate your healing routine in your pre-existing exercise routine
- Why consistent follow through is crucial for results
- To scan or not to scan (MRI?)
- The leading cause of injury (and how to prevent it)
- How to determine whether your high risk sport is worth it or not
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dan Ginader is a physical therapist in Indianapolis. He’s a former Division 1 baseball player and he works with athletes as well as everyday people to manage pain and rehab from injuries.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Chocolate Protein Powder
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes