EPISODE 438: Respiratory Therapy
If you’re interested in pranayama and breathwork, there is so much more to discover than simply “oxygenation.” As a student of yoga breathing for over a decade, there continues to be a lack of real scientific teaching, so on this week’s podcast, we’ll nerd out on biomechanics and chemistry of breathing.
Listen in to learn:
- Why you must consider both oxygenation and ventilation
- The importance of C02
- Ideal blood oxygen content
- Education and career opportunities for potential respiratory therapists
- The utility of arterial blood gas (ABG) in an ICU
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Joe Lewis has been a Registered Respiratory Therapist for 20 years with a primary focus in adult ICU. He started teaching full-time in 2020, including both didactic and clinical course instruction.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- When to Eat Fruit
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes