EPISODE 396: Our Mental Health Crisis
The three largest mental health facilities in the USA are Rickers, Cooks Country and LA Twin Towers Jails. The mentally ill have literally been relegated to prisons since there are so few public resources for those in need. This is devastating to the mentally ill, of course, but also to their families, neighbors and communities who are forever impacted.
What You’ll Learn:
- How prisons have replaced mental health facilities in the U.S.
- Why the mentally ill are treated like criminals
- The real cost of addiction
- Why public policy needs to be more compassionate
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Rosenberg is a psychiatrist with a specialty is addiction medicine at Upper East Health. He’s the author of Infidelity and his newest book, Bedlam: An Intimate Journey into America’s Health Crisis.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Weight Loss Pills
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes