EPISODE 387: Neuroscience and Leadership
My worst fear with aging is losing my cognitive abilities, forgetting my kids’ names, and just becoming an old fool. It’s easy to assume that the brain will go along with the body, but there’s pretty good evidence to suggest that your mental age can be a decade younger than your physical body’s age, but you have to start working on it now.
On this week’s show, you’ll meet a neuroscientist whose mission is to help us all understand how to take better care of our brains.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why your brain needs 7-9 hours of sleep or you’ll lose IQ points the next day
- How nutrition and hydration are essential for neural health
- How exercise can dramatically slow brain aging
- Why a sense of belonging is the number one factor in neural health
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Tara Swart is a neuroscientist, leadership coach, author, and a medical doctor. She helps leaders achieve mental resilience and peak brain performance, improving their ability to manage stress, regulate emotions and retain information. Her newest book is called The Source.
Links & Resources:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes