EPISODE 444: In Search of Mastery
What does it mean to self actualize? To become your personal best at whatever it is you do?
For most of us, these questions conjure up images such as a finish line, a retirement, an award, or a specific bank balance. Most of us equate mastery with goal achievement, but ironically, those who have achieved real masterly tend to be laser focused on the process and the practice, not the outcome. On this week’s podcast, you’ll meet a high performance psychologist who shares his mental model for traversing this path of personal greatness.
Listen & Learn:
- How purpose, principles and vision can guide you
- Why fulfilled lives usually involve grappling with life’s biggest questions
- Mastery of self vs. mastery of craft
- The hero trap
Links & Resources:
- Compete to Create (Michael’s site)
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Michael is a high performance psychologist. He is the co-founder of Compete to Create, a digital platform to helpS people become their best through mindset training. He works with professional athletes and CEOs.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Old Spices
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes