EPISODE 414: How to Control Your Attention
How is it possible that with social distancing, telecommuting, and almost zero social events right now, you can still go an entire day and get nothing done. Exercise was forgotten, healthy meals didn’t happen, and the work projects continue to pile up. Can you relate?
Distraction was endemic before the pandemic and will continue long after. Our neural wiring makes us highly-prone to shiny object syndrome where every phone notification and salacious news story glimmers like a fleck of gold. Oh, what’s that? 10 minutes lost. And what about that? 30 more minutes gone. On this week’s podcast, we’ll explore distraction, and its opposite, traction.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to make technology your slave
- Why the opposite of distraction is not focus – it’s traction
- Why we should stop blaming technology and start thinking about fundamental behaviours
- How to put yourself first
- Why schedules are so important
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Nir is a writer and the author of Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products and Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life. Previously, he taught as a Lecturer in Marketing at the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Spinal Fusion
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes