EPISODE 357: Healthy Sex, Happy Relationship
The two big reasons marriages fail are sex and money. While finances are by no means easy, you can always go get another job, cut back, add on, or get creative. These creative solutions rarely play out well when it comes to sex, so you can quickly see why challenges often end in disaster. Sexuality is such a private issue, something most people prefer to discuss behind closed doors; but in reality, they don’t even discuss it in privacy either. Mostly, it goes unspoken.
So what do you do? What is sexuality? How does it change as you age, have kids, and grow older? On this week’s show, you’ll meet a sex therapist with a very simple and practical approach to sex and sexuality. He’ll share his time-tested clinical experiences and hopefully shed some light on the challenges in the bedroom.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why good sex is fundamentally about getting stupid and happy together
- How children can sometimes kill sexuality in a relationship
- How age and mismatched desire can create new challenges in a couple
- Men vs. women: is there a difference?
- Why we often protest during the day the things we fantasize about at night
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Stephen Snyder, MD is a sex and relationship therapist in Manhattan, Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Icahn School of Medicine, a regular contributor to Huffington Post and Psychology. Today, a frequent guest on major media, and one of America’s most original voices of sex and relationships. He lives in Manhattan with his wife and children. He is the author of the book Love Worth Making.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Tahini Raw
Links & Resources:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes