EPISODE 455: Healing Trauma, Sexuality & Boundaries
Past traumas often haunt us emotionally and sometimes even manifest as physical pain or illnesses. Acute childhood trauma, for example, has been correlated with everything from premature births to obesity, debunking any delineation between mind and body. Your thoughts and feelings don’t just feel real, they are real.
So when you suffer major pain, how do you move on? How do you resolve it, integrate, and continue forward? My guest on this week’s show has some strategies.
Listen & Learn:
- How the rate and scale of events greatly increases trauma
- Whether to choose to speak or remain silent about your struggles
- The victims need a voice and power, but what becomes of the perpetrators?
- Navigating the impossible dynamic of male and female relationships
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Kimberly Johnson is a doula, Sexological Bodyworker, Somatic Experiencing practitioner, postpartum care advocate and mother. She’s the author of the book, The Fourth Trimester and the new book, Call of the Wild.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes