EPISODE 442: Fantastic Fungi
It’s mushroom season in Cataluña, so the markets are filled with orange, white, and even jet black “setas” that are almost all wild harvested. They´re delicious and packed with a unique micronutrient profile that is great for your immune system. On this week’s show, you´ll meet a mycophagist, writer, and teacher on all things fungi.
Did you know…
- A single Portabella mushroom can contain more potassium than a banana
- Fungi are believed to cover the earth’s surface before the first trees
- A 2,400 year old fungus in Oregon is believed to be the largest organism in the world covering 2,200 acres (8.9 km2)
- Psychedelic mushrooms, including microdoses, have shown efficacy for for depression, PTSD, and other mental health challenges
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Eugenia’s work has appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Saveur, Food & Wine, Gourmet, and The National Lampoon. She is the author of six books including her most recent award-winning Fantastic Fungi.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- How to Not Gain Weight – Holidays
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes