EPISODE 368: Exaholic – Breaking Your Addiction to an Ex Love
How many of your exes are you connected to on Facebook? How often do you find yourself dredging up past emotional head trash from lost love? For most people, the answer is “too often.” We live in an era where forgetting and moving on has never been more challenging, and most of us need to learn strategies to put the past in its place to make room for a fulfilling future. And some of us are even “exaholics,” literally addicted to the emotional rollercoaster of times long ago. On this week’s show, therapist and marriage counselor, Dr. Bobby, will share her strategies for navigating this emotional minefield.
What You’ll Learn:
- How we’re biologically wired for love, lust, and emotional attachment
- The lost art of forgetting: how to relearn it
- How to navigate the booby trap that is social media
- Ghosting vs. honest conversations about boundaries
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby is a marriage counselor, therapist, and life coach based in Colorado. She is the author of the book Exaholic: Breaking Your Addiction to an Ex Love.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Canned Tomatoes
Links & Resources:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes