EPISODE 329: Improve Your Balance, Improve Your Life
If you can balance well, your yoga practice is more fun, you’re faster and nimbler, and you might even live longer. Sound far-fetched? Check it out: falls are the second leading cause of accidental or unintentional injury deaths worldwide. 424,000 individuals die from falls globally. My balance has improved massively in the past couple years, but historically, I’ve had terrible balance. I assumed it was something I just had to live with, but I’ve learned that poor footwear, bad walking patterns, and zero balance training all created this problem—and it’s largely reversible. On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll learn about balance training for athletes and anyone who seeks optimal health.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why balance involves your: vestibular system (inner ear), proprioception (body awareness, sensation) and vision
- How anyone can learn balance at any age using simple at-home tools and approaches
- Why balance is a software problem, not hardware
- How a slackline gives you a “fall announcement” so you land on your feet and stay safe
- How 25% of your bones and muscles are in your feet and another 25% in your hands
- Why slips and falls are the #1 cause of injury (and potentially death) for people over 65
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Jim is a lifelong innovator who was looking for ways to maintain his own athletic performance, and in the process, he created The Slackbow Balance Training System, a body and mind fitness program that can help at any age.
- Iron Supplements
Links & Resources:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes