EPISODE 314: Deep Dive into Knee Pain
Have you ever seen a yoga student, runner, or CrossFitter with weird crisscrossed tape on their knees? Have you ever experienced knee pain that kept you from doing your favorite activities? Aside from back problems, knee pain is the most common issue I see in my yoga studios, with the inevitable question being what to do about it.
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you will meet physiotherapist Lee Herrington, who works with high-level athletes to correct movement dysfunctions, and help them manage and overcome knee pain. His recommendations are very simple, but not at all intuitive.
What You’ll Learn:
- Movement is medicine, you must move to heal
- For better or worse, our knees (and the rest of our bodies) will wear out over time, our job is to manage that gracefully
- Why anterior (front) knee pain is the most common and how alignment in yoga and all other activities can greatly reduce the risk of injury
- How to ‘treat the man, not the scan’ when dealing with knee pain
- Why performance backward thinking is helpful for knee pain
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Herrington is a physiotherapist, senior lecturer in sports rehabilitation at the University of Salford Manchester, and has published more than 100 peer-reviewed papers. His work focuses on the treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries, specifically anterior knee pain, hamstring injuries, Subacromial Pain Syndrome (shoulder impingement), the ‘rugby’ shoulder, and rehabilitation following knee surgery (principally ACL reconstruction).
- Food Causing Pain
Links & Resources:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes
Thanks to Our Sponsor:
PuraTHRIVE – Discover the breakthrough nutrient delivery system that combines nature and technology to maximize absorption, potency and bioavailability. PuraTHRIVE provides high-quality, guaranteed products that enable people to lead healthier lives. It helps empower people to thrive physically, mentally and spiritually!
Visit PuraTHRIVE to get exclusive 10% off for Yoga Talk Show Listeners