EPISODE 310: Mitochondria: Key to Health and Longevity
with Warren Cargal
Prefer to download? Download
If you go to any convenient store, you’ll see dozens of “energy” products including bars, drinks, and snacks. Most products are loaded with sugar or caffeine—or both. In the short term, they’ll certainly give you energy, but in the long term, they send you spiraling down. High energy is at the cornerstone of health, but we often neglect the very root source of energy—our cellular energy created by the mitochondria. On this week’s, Yoga Talk Show, you’ll learn how cellular energy can be pivotal for full-body health and wellness.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why these organelle produce ATP which is energy at the cellular level
- How your lifestyle can impact your mitochondria
- Why excessive eating creates reactive oxygen species (ROS) and depletes energy
- Why fat is 15x more efficient than sugar at creating cellular energy
- 4 supplements to boost mitochondria: L-Carnatine, CoQ10, D-ribose, magnesium
- Why low mitochondria can impact fertility
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Warren L. Cargal, L. Ac. specializes in age-related diseases tied to diabetes, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative issues, and cancer. He is a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist and is also founder and clinical director of Acupuncture Atlanta. He is the author of the book, Your Mitochondria: Key to Health and Longevity. He has practiced Chinese medicine for over 20 years. You can learn more about his site
- GMO Soy
Links & Resources:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes
Thanks to Our Sponsor:
Four Sigmatic makes delicious Mushroom Superfood Blends and Mushroom Elixirs. Four Sigmatic believes in the real magic of functional mushrooms like Reishi, Chaga, Cordyceps, and Lion’s Mane, as well as other superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help us live healthier, more enhanced lives.
Visit: http://www.foursigmatic.com/yogabody and use coupon code “yogabody” for 15% off your order.