EPISODE 296: How to Heal from Brain Drain
It’s Friday night. You’re home late from work and desperate to sleep, and yet you can’t. You’re tired but wired, overworked but over-stimulated. Cortisol has been pumping through your veins all week, and it’s not so easy to turn it off.
So what do you do?
Most people turn to crap foods, alcohol, pills, and binge-watching television series. Why? Because they work. In the short term, they make you feel better; but long term, most of our autopilot stress management techniques turn into self-destructive vice.
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, Dr. Mike Dow will share his experiences healing patients with brain fog, busted brains, and general overwhelm. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution, but adding healthy stress management tools to your life is always a great idea.
Listen in to learn:
- How mega-dosing omega-3’s helped Dr. Mike’s brother recover from a stroke
- Autogenic therapy: a self-talk, self-hypnosis method for fixing brain drain
- How to use progressive muscle relaxation to relieve both physical and psychological stress
- Why our typical toolkit for managing mental and emotional stress is flawed
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Mike Dow is an author, psychotherapist, and the host of lots of different television shows. He makes regular appearances on Dr. Oz, Dr. Drew On Call, The Talk, Wendy Williams, Rachael Ray, Nightline, Good Morning America, The Doctors, The Talk, and Today.
He is the author of many books including The Brain Fog Fix, Healing the Broken Brain, and his most-recent book, Heal your Drained Brain.
His books are on Amazon and you can learn more at his site:
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes