EPISODE 293: Unlock Your Happy Brain Chemicals
“I just want to be happy…” is something you’ve probably said one thousand times. You want to be happy at work, at home, with your partner and friends—but what does that mean?
You’ve no-doubt felt “happy” while walking on the beach on a warm summer night at sunset, but if you’re like me, you’ve also felt “happy” in a sweaty, controlled mess on your yoga mat—so what’s going on?
Happiness is something we’re all seeking and yet almost no one can define. No wonder we struggle to achieve it. On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll learn about the four chemicals responsible for happiness, and more importantly, how to cultivate them.
Listen in to learn:
- Why social status & pride are important for serotonin
- Why the stress hormone cortisol can kill your chances of happiness
- How early life patterns can influence (but not predict) your habits today
- Why people get addicted to “runner’s high”
- How to choose healthy ways to trigger happy brain chemicals
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Loretta Graziano Breuning, PhD, is the founder of the Inner Mammal Institute. She’s Professor Ammer-ita at California State University, East Bay, and author of I-Mammal, Habits of a Happy Brain, and The Science of Positivity.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Healthy Oils
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes