EPISODE 275: The People’s Pharmacy
with Joe & Terry Graedon
Prefer to download? Download
Did you know that chili pepper and mustard can help with muscle cramps? Did you know that your acid blocking digestive aids could actually make your problem worse over time? We all have unprecedented access to information, supplements, and even prescription medications—but how do you know where to start? On this week’s, Yoga Talk Show, we’ll uncover home remedies, common misunderstandings, and plant seeds for a healthier you.
What You’ll Learn:
- How cannabis can be a helpful for nerve pain specifically
- Why proton-pump inhibitors might be one of the most-dangerous, widely used drugs
- Why rebound hyper-acidity can result after taking PPI’s
- How NSAIDs are abused and can destroy gut health and heart health problems
- Why transient receptor potential channels (TRP channels) can be stimulated with mustard, hot pepper, or vinegar to reduce muscle cramping
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Joe and Terry Graedon of “The People’s Pharmacy” have been teaching, writing, and broadcasting information to help people make informed decisions about their health for more than 40 years. Joe holds a Masters in Pharmacology and Terry earned a PhD in Anthropology.
- Ketchup & Mustard
Links & Resources:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes
Thanks to Our Sponsor:
Yoga Wonder Wheel — Yoga mats and blocks have been around for decades, but the Yoga Wonder Wheel™ by YOGABODY is the latest addition to any at-home practice room or yoga studio that will help you take your postures to the next level. Deep, awe-inspiring backbends are what draw most people to the Wonder Wheel initially, but backbends are just the beginning. You’ll also build balance, core strength, release tension, and find ways to practice challenging poses that are otherwise inaccessible.
The Wonder Wheel was designed for use in YOGABODY’s professional yoga studios and training centers in Barcelona, Spain, so it’s bigger, stronger, lighter, and backed by an unmatched warranty compared with any other wheel on the market. On top of that, it’s less expensive and comes with a complete at-home DVD so you can get rolling in minutes.