EPISODE 272: Unlocking the Secrets of Fascia
Did you know that your muscles would be a bloody pile of melted, soft-serve ice cream if not for fascia? This web of connective tissues literally hold your body together—and most of us aren’t really even sure how to pronounce the word! On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll meet the king of fascia research and teaching, Tom Myers.
Listen in to learn:
- How this plastic-wrap-like tissue holds your entire body together
- How low circulation tissues like fascia, cartilage, tendons and ligaments can heal through seepage and synovial fluids
- Why stressing tendons and ligaments can make them stronger
- Why a skilled body worker is more important than the type of bodywork you receive
- The 3 main types of bodywork: relaxation massage, therapeutic massage, and integrative massage
- Potential healing aims of bodywork: increase inflammation response, reduce electrical (nerve) activity to an area, or improve circulation
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Tom Myers is the author of Anatomy Trains, the co-author of Fascial Release for Structural Balance, and numerous articles for trade magazines and journals that have been collected in the books Body3, The Anatomist’s Corner, and Structural Integration: Collected Articles. He has also produced over 15 DVDs and numerous webinars on visual assessment, Fascial Release Technique, and the applications of fascial research.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Decaf Coffee
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes