EPISODE 269: The Body-Eye Connection
Did you know that your “vision” and your “eyesight” are not the same thing? Did you know that your eye health can impact your mental and emotional health as well? Most of us are familiar with seasonal affective disorder (SAD), but poor light or lack of full spectrum light affects just about everyone—even in the sunniest destinations in the world. On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, we’ll explore the Body-Eye connection with Dr. Berne.
Listen in to learn:
- How eyesight is static, but vision is dynamic and affected by dozens of factors
- How emotional trauma can be stored in the eyes
- The difference between sensation (visceral feelings) & emotion (the story associated with past)
- Why “light is food” and creates electrical impulses affecting your brain and body constantly
- Why it’s essential to get at least 30 minutes of full spectrum light daily
- How to hack your home environment for better light therapy results
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Berne is a doctor of optometry and offers a unique form of physical therapy for the eyes. This holistic method helps children with a variety of developmental delays from autism to Attention Deficit Disorder. Dr. Berne uses primitive reflex therapy, movement therapy, vision therapy, light/color therapy, craniosacral therapy and nutritional counseling to aid patients with neurological problems. Dr. Berne teaches workshops and retreats around the world and is on the faculty at The Esalen Institute in Big Sur, CA, where he leads retreats on healing the eyes and vision.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Water During Food
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes