EPISODE 266: Never Binge Eat Again
Why do some people suffer from overwhelming food cravings, multiple times per week—and others never have cravings at all? Why do some of us feel addicted and out-of-control with food while others could take it or leave it? Food is information, and modern foods are often filled with addicting, pleasure-center stimulating information that we can easily get hooked on. So what do you do about it? How do you change this behavior and never binge again? Dr. Glenn Livingston will share his personal and professional expertise in this area.
Listen in to learn:
- How Glenn ate as much as 7,000 calories per day, but learned to overcome it
- Why character trumps willpower—and how you can use that to your advantage
- Why it’s less important to uncover the “why” behind cravings and instead uncover the “how” to fix it
- Why lizard brain says: “Do I eat it, mate with it or kill it,” and how this can cause problems
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Glenn Livingston is a psychologist and former CEO of a large consulting firm that serviced Fortune 500 clients including many in the food industry. You may have seen his (or his company’s) previous work, theories, and research in The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Sun Times, The Indiana Star Ledger, The NY Daily News, American Demographics, or any of the other major media outlets you see on this page. You may also have heard him on ABC, WGN, CBS radio, or UPN TV.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Wine and Cortisol
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes