EPISODE 265: Brain Training & Brain Mastery
Did you know that your morning coffee blocks alpha brain waves states and that your evening glass of red wine encourages it? Did you know that the blue light from your cell phone affects both your hormones and your brainwave states? Our modern world tends toward imbalance, and the first step in the direction of health is understanding the how and why behind the imbalances so you can take action to create a better you.
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, we’ll be discussing brain wave states, neuro-feedback, mind-body practices, and more.
Listen in to learn:
- How neurofeedback allows you to “see” what’s going on in your brain
- Why food, lifestyle and modern thought patterns often leave us imbalanced
- The importance of DHA/EPA for brain health
- Delta: deep meditation, sleep, stillness (collective unconscious / oneness)
- Theta: memory, revelry, daydreaming, REM sleep, meditation, childlike thoughts
- Alpha: flow state of creativity, pleasant focus, super-learning, peak performance, synchrony
- Beta: waking, problem-solving, busy work, active-focused work
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Chris is a Neuroplastician and NLP Master who was mentored by Dr. Richard Bandler himself. He’s a student of Shaolin, Qigong, Tai Chi, and Kung Fu. Chris uses all these tools along with nutrition, psychology, health and fitness training to help people overcome mental blocks and live an inspired life.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes