EPISODE 265: Brain Training & Brain Mastery
with Chris Wyllie
Prefer to download? Download
Did you know that your morning coffee blocks alpha brain waves states and that your evening glass of red wine encourages it? Did you know that the blue light from your cell phone affects both your hormones and your brainwave states? Our modern world tends toward imbalance, and the first step in the direction of health is understanding the how and why behind the imbalances so you can take action to create a better you.
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, we’ll be discussing brain wave states, neuro-feedback, mind-body practices, and more.
What You’ll Learn:
- How neurofeedback allows you to “see” what’s going on in your brain
- Why food, lifestyle and modern thought patterns often leave us imbalanced
- The importance of DHA/EPA for brain health
- Delta: deep meditation, sleep, stillness (collective unconscious / oneness)
- Theta: memory, revelry, daydreaming, REM sleep, meditation, childlike thoughts
- Alpha: flow state of creativity, pleasant focus, super-learning, peak performance, synchrony
- Beta: waking, problem-solving, busy work, active-focused work
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Chris is a Neuroplastician and NLP Master who was mentored by Dr. Richard Bandler himself. He’s a student of Shaolin, Qigong, Tai Chi, and Kung Fu. Chris uses all these tools along with nutrition, psychology, health and fitness training to help people overcome mental blocks and live an inspired life.
Links & Resources:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes
Thanks to Our Sponsor:
Bamboo Handstand Blocks — Block training leads to straighter, stronger handstands. When you “grip” the block, it trains your hands, forearms and shoulders to dynamically lift and balance your body in inversions.
The Bamboo Handstand Blocks by YOGABODY were designed for our professional yoga studios in Barcelona, so they are beautiful, durable, easy-to-clean, safe, and natural. Yoga students have used standard yoga blocks for years, but these blocks are completely different: they are smaller, stronger, non-slip, easy-to-clean, and designed specifically to build grip strength for inversions.