EPISODE 263: My 15 Year Vegan Blood Tests Revealed
When I turned 24, I started this weird experiment eating just plant foods. I’m a chronic over-committer, and here I am 15 years later, still eating 100% plant-based. This is a complicated path that’s not right for most, but it’s worked for me—and I’ve just gotten some blood tests to see how I’m doing. Overall, I’m in some of the best shape of my life, but there are a few things I certainly need to address.
Listen in to learn:
- Why my homocystine levels are a little high
- How my liver function is on the low side of normal—and what I can do about it
- Why I might think about eating more iron-rich foods or supplementing iron
- Why all these issues could be related to impaired digestion and/or impaired liver function
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Stephen Lewis and Janet Lewis are the founders of Doctor’s Nutrition. Doctor’s Nutrition provides Evidence-Based Nutrition™ information, where you get information based on years of experience treating patients with natural compounds and verifying the results with pre and post lab tests. Located in Longview, Texas, Doctor’s Nutrition offers medical lab services in or near your hometown without the need for expensive office visits and long waits.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Flax and Chia Gas
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes