EPISODE 262: How to Balance Your Blood Sugar
As health seekers, we obsess over the micro-changes in our food and fitness routines. Micro changes are fun and interesting, but it’s much wiser to first address the big elephants in the room. One of those big beasts is sugar in all its various forms. It causes weight gain, metabolic imbalance, premature aging, and contributes to just about every illness imaginable. The good news is you can monitor, reduce, and manage your blood sugar very effectively at home once you know how. On this week’s show with Dr. Ritamarie, you’ll learn the in’s and out’s of how to balance your blood sugar.
Listen in to learn:
- How sugar impacts your hormonal balance and lead to weight gain
- Why sugar in small quantities is essential but in high doses is toxic
- Why sugar is everywhere and unless you’ve avoiding it, you’re probably over-eating it
- Why belly fat is the worst type of fat
- Why dietary fat and body fat are not the same thing
- How chromium, magnesium and DHA can help with sugar metabolism
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo is a bestselling author, speaker, and internationally-recognized nutrition and women’s health authority. She combines the ancient healing wisdom of whole fresh foods and herbs with modern scientific research to help people reclaim their health.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Fasting With Coffee
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes