EPISODE 258: Beautiful Skin, Naturally: “How to”
When you’re a teenager, you get acne. As you age, you get wrinkles, sun spots, and sagging skin. No matter what age you are, your skin is probably something you think about each morning when you wake up and look in the mirror. Whether is redness, dryness, bags under the eyes, or just general age, we all want to look and feel our best. Skincare can be superficial, but its impact on our lives is undeniable. So how to do approach is with a yoga mindset? How do we do it naturally? On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll meet, Rachael Pontillo, who will share her research and personal experience transforming faces around the world.
Listen in to learn:
- Why vitamin A deficiency can cause or contribute to acne
- How acne medications can be toxic and even cause birth defects
- Why rancid fats, inflammatory foods, grains, and dairy can cause skin problems
- Why skin care is often an “inside job”
- How to think holistically and not get overwhelmed by all the skin problem triggers in our modern world
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Rachael Pontillo is the bestselling author of the book Love Your Skin, Love Yourself, and co-author of The Sauce Code. She’s a Certified Health Coach, licensed aesthetician; and natural skincare formulator and educator. She’s the president and co-founder of the Nutritional Aesthetics™ Alliance, the creator of the the blog, Holistically Haute™, as well as the 6-week online course, Create Your Skincare.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Canola Oil
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes