EPISODE 258: Beautiful Skin, Naturally: “How to”
with Rachael Pontillo
Prefer to download? Download
When you’re a teenager, you get acne. As you age, you get wrinkles, sun spots, and sagging skin. No matter what age you are, your skin is probably something you think about each morning when you wake up and look in the mirror. Whether is redness, dryness, bags under the eyes, or just general age, we all want to look and feel our best. Skincare can be superficial, but its impact on our lives is undeniable. So how to do approach is with a yoga mindset? How do we do it naturally? On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll meet, Rachael Pontillo, who will share her research and personal experience transforming faces around the world.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why vitamin A deficiency can cause or contribute to acne
- How acne medications can be toxic and even cause birth defects
- Why rancid fats, inflammatory foods, grains, and dairy can cause skin problems
- Why skin care is often an “inside job”
- How to think holistically and not get overwhelmed by all the skin problem triggers in our modern world
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Rachael Pontillo is the bestselling author of the book Love Your Skin, Love Yourself, and co-author of The Sauce Code. She’s a Certified Health Coach, licensed aesthetician; and natural skincare formulator and educator. She’s the president and co-founder of the Nutritional Aesthetics™ Alliance, the creator of the the blog, Holistically Haute™, as well as the 6-week online course, Create Your Skincare.
- Canola Oil
Links & Resources:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes
Thanks to Our Sponsor:
- Wonder Wheel — Yoga mats and blocks have been around for decades, but the Yoga Wonder Wheel™ by YOGABODY is the latest addition to any at-home practice room or yoga studio that will help you take your postures to the next level. Deep, awe-inspiring backbends are what draw most people to the Wonder Wheel initially, but backbends are just the beginning. You’ll also build balance, core strength, release tension, and find ways to practice challenging poses that are otherwise inaccessible.