EPISODE 257: Reset Your Brain for a Pain-Free Life
80% of the opioid drugs in the world are consumed in the United States, and addiction, abuse, and even death are commonplace across all demographics in society. Why such growth in abuse? One word: pain. Back pain, knee pain, mental and emotional suffering—all of these conditions are driving consumers to their doctors (or the streets) in search of relief. Living with chronic pain can be debilitating, but we want to use drugs and surgery as a last resort. On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll beet Dr. Joe Tatta, pain expert and best-selling author on pain management.
Listen in to learn:
- Why “pills for pain” has been the norm for the past 50-years
- USA consumes about 80% of the world’s opioids
- 20K/year deaths correlated or caused by opioid medications
- Why the mind-body connection to pain cannot be ignored
- Pain catastrophizing: negative rumination about pain issue
- Food is your pharmacy, movement in medicine
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Joe Tatta is a doctor of physical therapy, board certified nutrition specialist and functional medicine practitioner who specializes in treating persistent pain and lifestyle-related musculoskeletal, metabolic and autoimmune health issues.
His mission is to create a new paradigm around treating persistent pain and reverse our global pain epidemic. He is the creator of the Healing Pain Online Summit and The Healing Pain Podcast designed to broaden the conversation around natural strategies toward solving persistent pain. Dr. Tatta is the author of Heal Your Pain Now; A Revolutionary Program to Reset Your Brain and Body for a Pain-Free Life.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes