EPISODE 244: The Adrenal-Thyroid Revolution
About once or twice a week, I’m completely exhausted and yet I can’t fall asleep until one or two in the morning. This “wired and tired” feeling is common among most busy people, and while we often blame it on our busy careers, our life as parents, or just the ups and downs of daily life, the reality is that these chemical imbalances compound over time and can lead to pretty serious health problems.
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll meet a medical doctor pioneer whose work spans from natural childbirth and plant medicine to women’s health and endocrine balance. Please meet Dr. Aviva Romm.
Listen in to learn:
- Overworked adrenals vs. true adrenal fatigue—what’s the difference?
- How “tired and wired” is a vicious circle
- Cortisol can be the “wear and tear” hormone
- Why adrenal fatigue = adrenal depletion
- How your chemical body (hormones), electrical system (nerves) and bacterial body (microbiome) are all interconnected
- Tips for sleep, food, and lifestyle balance
- Why ultradian rhythms (every 90-120 minutes) are crucial to understanding your own body
- Chronobiology: the effects of solar- and lunar-related rhythms
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Medical Doctor, Aviva Romm is a midwife, herbalist, and Yale-trained MD, Board Certified in Family Medicine with Obstetrics, as well as a graduate of Dr. Weil’s Integrative Medicine Residency. Aviva is a leader in botanical medicine and is the author of 7 books on natural medicine, including the textbook Botanical Medicine for Women’s Health (Elsevier) and her latest book, The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution (Harper One, January 2017).
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Fructose intake
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes