EPISODE 240: Marijuana as Medicine without Getting High
Marijuana is being decriminalized and even legalized in North America, Europe, and other parts of the world very quickly—and for good reason. The law enforcement costs are many billions of dollars annually and the social impact of criminalizing this plant seem far worse than potential abuse (which is surprisingly low).
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, we’ll talk about the top medical uses for Marijuana, how to use it without getting high, and why legalization might actually reduce (not increase) drug use since marijuana provides an alternative to harmful pharmaceutical drugs.
Listen in to learn:
- Top treated conditions: anxiety, pain, and insomnia
- The difference between THC and CBD
- Why most people are using way too much and getting scared away
- How cannabis can help with seizure disorders
- How to get started safely with edibles
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Patel is a Osteopathic Doctor in the state of California. She has been practicing in the area of Medical Marijuana (Cannabis) since 2012 and has treated thousands of patients. She is in private practice in Walnut Creek, CA, and has lots of great resources on her site.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes