EPISODE 237: Less Stuff, More Happy: Living Minimal
“The things you, own end up owning you…” – Tyler Durden (Fight Club). Often times the things we work so hard for end up taking more than the give, the bleed us more than they feed us. It might be the new car, the drawer full of electronics, your pets or even an oversized home; in many cases, our possessions become burdens and we need to take a step back and reevaluate our priorities. On this week’s, Yoga Talk Show, we’ll dive deep into minimalism, the art of doing more with less, clearing the clutter, and living a life on purpose.
Listen in to learn:
- Why you might want to pack your stuff up as if moving, and then only unpack the stuff you actually need
- Why our consumer-driven culture can lead to a life full of discontent
- How less stuff can mean more time, more money, and more ability to contribute
- How to digitally clean up your life as well
Links & Resources:
- Minimalists Website
- Ryan’s Books on Amazon
- Documentary on Netflix
- Newsfeed Blocker
- Turn Your iPhone to Black & White
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Ryan is the co-founder of The Minimalists website and podcast. He has a decade of experience mentoring, coaching, and training experience in the corporate world. After being laid off from a successful corporate job in 2010, Ryan got rid of most of his stuff and started living a more minimal life. His work has been featured on ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, BBC, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, TIME, and The Atlantic. He is the co-author of the books Minimalism and Everything that Remains, the documentary film, The Minimalism, and we’re going to be talking about owning less stuff.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Weight Loss
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes