EPISODE 233: Happy Feet: How to Heal Your Messed Up Toes
Do your feet hurt? Do you have hammer toe, overlapping toes, corns, or bunions? Without even realizing it, most people wear footwear that leads to poor posture, muscle imbalances, and chronic foot problems.
Yoga can help, but you need to fix your footwear too.
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll meet a podiatrist-slash-yoga-teacher, Michele Colon, who will share with you her experiences in the clinic and on the mat working with all walks of life to correct foot problems. Most people assume that foot problems are just cosmetic when in reality, your feet are foundational for your posture and can impact your knees, hips and back. Proper posture starts at the ground, and healthy feet will improve your walking and running gate as well as your balance very quickly.
Listen in to learn:
- How yoga can help your feet, Achilles tendon and leg muscles
- How walking barefoot can actually change the muscular development of a child
- Why orthotic inserts might be necessary short term—but are not a “forever” solution
- How to quickly analyze your feet (or someone else’s)
- How Lucas went from a size 10 to a size 12 shoe (and why that matters)
- How your squished up toes could be affecting your balance in yoga
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Michele S. Colon has a Bachelor’s degree in Physiology, a Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences, and a Doctorate degree in Podiatry with a specialty in Foot & Ankle Surgery. Dr. Michele is also certified in Yoga, Reiki, Reflexology, and Laser Therapy.
Dr. Michele specializes in Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, and Therapeutic Yoga to provide the most healing, relaxation, and rejuvenation to her patients and clients. Dr. Michele has studied Ayurveda extensively and has worked with some of the best practitioners throughout California to bring Ayurveda to the forefront of medicine.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Decaf – friend or foe?
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes