EPISODE 226: Neurogenic Yoga for Stress, Trauma & Tension Release
Almost everyone who practices yoga has experienced and emotional release or even a breakthrough in class—it just happens. But what if there were a way to actively encourage that type of release with more predictability? What if there were a way to create a safe, simple, and controlled stress release response at the end of each class?
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll meet yoga trainer, Maria Alfaro, who integrates Trauma and Tension Releasing Exercises (TRE) with traditional yoga classes to create something called, Neurogenic Yoga. For yoga students looking for a new and unique way to release long-held tension, this is a remarkable practice that can be learned quickly and practiced nearly anywhere.
Listen in to learn:
- How self-induced therapeutic tremors can cause massive breakthroughs in your practice and your life
- How trauma can get stored in the brain stem (not cortex)
- Why you should never be physically in pain during practice
- Why emotionally, you should always feel “in control”
- How tremors can access and sooth the brain stem
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Maria Alfaro is from Italy and lives Santa Cruz, California. She has over 26 years yoga experience in Iyengar, Ashtanga and Forrest Yoga and has been teaching since 1997. Maria was trained in TRE™ by its founder, Dr. David Berceli, in 2004 and she has been teaching his method ever since. She also has a background in martial arts, reiki, massage, and meditation.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Fruit Juice
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes