EPISODE 225: Inflammation: Kryptonite for Your Health
Chronic inflammation is a precursor to a myriad of diseases and illnesses, and the foods and lifestyle choices we make are largely to blame. Perhaps the biggest challenge with inflammation is you cannot see it, so it can be a “silent killer,” wreaking havoc without you even aware of what’s going on.
This week’s guest on the Yoga Talk Show hopes to change all that—and more.
Listen in to learn:
- Why internal inflammation can contribute (or even cause) weight gain, aging and disease
- How a simple and cheap C-Reactive Protein test can tell you if this is a problem or not
- How some of the most common foods create a negative reaction inside our bodies
- Why arthritis, skin problems, and digestive issues might be linked to chronic inflammation
- There are two types of inflammation: chronic and short-term/acute
- How your microbiome health is crucial to your health
- Why you should avoid Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs and antibiotics
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Kellyann Petrucci is a weight-loss and natural anti-aging transformation expert. She has a private practice in the Birmingham, Michigan area and is a concierge doctor for celebrities in New York City and Los Angeles. She is a board-certified naturopathic physician and a certified nutrition consultant.
You might have seen her on The Doctors, Dr. Oz, and other television news programs. She is the driving force behind the website DrKellyann.com, and has authored six books for John Wiley & Sons.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Nut Milks
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes