EPISODE 221: Ouch, My Back Hurts
It’s estimated that 80% of the population will suffer from back pain at some point in their life—and most people are left frustrated and confused about how to actually heal. Should you take medications? Get physical therapy? See a chiropractor?
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll meet “Spondy” researcher, Justin Adkins. Spondylolisthesis is a serious spinal injury where a vertebra shifts forward causing pain, inflammation, and often radiating nerve problems. While there is no one-size-fits-all cure for Spondy or any other back pain problem, there is a framework for healing that can really help.
Listen in to learn:
- Why spondylolysis is often a precursor spondylolisthesis
- How spondy is an anterior movement of a vertebra
- Why doctors are often pain-removal focused (whereas you might be full-function focused)
- Why you need to commit to a daily healing practice, even if just for 10-15 minutes
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Justin Adkins is a certified strength and conditioning coach through the NSCA. He is also certified by USA Weightlifting and the Functional Movement Screen. He has trained and helped countless athletes from the youth to the professional level achieve their performance goals and return from various injuries. Like the tens of thousands of people each year, Justin was also diagnosed with Spondylolisthesis as a teenager.
Justin became his own first client to deal with his own condition, and now helps thousands of people through his website: www.Spondyinfo.com
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Acid Alkaline – friend or foe?
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes