EPISODE 218: Is Your Gut Health the Problem?
What is your “Gut IQ?” Is your gut a genius or a fool? Your gut is home to over 3lbs of bacteria, both good and bad. Your gastrointestinal health is crucial for the digestion and absorption of nutrients, your immune system, and even neurotransmitter production – but many people suffer from chronic gas, bloating, irregular bowels, and inflammation.
Anyone concerned with holistic health must start with the gut, so on this week’s Yoga Talk Show, Dr. Chaudhary will point you in the right direction.
Listen in to learn:
- Why your immunity is directly related to your gut health
- Why white coating on your tongue in the morning can be a sign of poor gut health
- How triphala can help heal your digestive tract
- How Ayurveda can help anyone with gut health, weight loss, and whole body health
- Why probiotics can make some people feel great and others feel sick
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary is a medical doctor, an integrative neuroscientist, and an expert in Ayurvedic medicine. She successfully developed a system to manage chronic neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease and migraine headaches, by incorporating changes in diet, behavior, and stress, in addition to the standard allopathic approaches.
Dr. Chaudhary is a regular guest on the Dr. Oz show, and her new book, The Prime: Prepare and Repair Your Body for Spontaneous Weight Loss is available on Amazon.com.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Prebiotics: How do they differ from Probiotics and why are they important?
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes