EPISODE 212: Warrior Style Yoga with a Former Navy Seal
You might think of yoga and the military as polar opposites, but the rigor of military training and a dedicated yoga practice actually have a lot in common. According to former Seal Commander, Mark Divine, the Seals training is a type of yoga training itself. As a former Seal, a lifelong student of Martial Arts, and an accomplished yoga student, Mark has created a warrior-based style of yoga he calls, Kokoro Yoga, whose principals he’ll share with you on this week’s show.
Listen in to learn:
- Why you need to “embrace the suck” of practice to get benefits
- How yoga can (and should) be adapted to your personal needs that change as you age
- Why personal practice can appeal to more masculine-oriented people
- The strengths and weaknesses of Ashtanga Yoga
- Why recovery and rest can be the most-challenging to learn
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Mark Divine is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Amazon best-selling author of five books including Kokoro Yoga: Maximize Your Human Potential and Develop the Spirit of a Warrior–the SEALfit Way. Mark finished as the #1 trainee of his SEAL BUDS class, served 9 years on active duty, and completed 11 years as a Reserve Seal retiring as Commander in 2011.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- What is the best sweetener to keep in the kitchen?
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes