EPISODE 209: Flexibility Training Demystified
When it comes to flexibility, most people fall into 3 main categories: those who have always been flexible and think it’s no big deal (dancers, gymnasts, random outliers); those who have always been stiff and assume they can’t change; and lastly, those rare individuals who have truly transformed their bodies.
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, we debunk the myths around flexibility so you can address your stiff hips, hamstrings and spine in an intelligent way and have a simple road map to practice.
Listen in to learn:
- Why flexibility training should supplement (not replace) whatever movement or exercise you’re doing now
- Why flexibility training should happen after (not before) all other forms of training
- How to use nose-to-mouth breathing to down-regulated your nervous system and improve results
- Why passive stretches are most effective for training flexibility
- How your nervous system plays a key role in mobility
Links & Resources:
Yoga Practice Tip of the Week:
- How to: Reverse Prayer
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes