EPISODE 199: Home Grown Mushrooms
Many of us go to great lengths and great expense to obtain organic and locally-grown foods, but the leftovers including stems, rinds, peels, and grounds are usually throw in the garbage. What a waste!
Mushrooms are one of the most nutrient-dense foods you can grow in just about any home or apartment, and they surely play a role in the future of food.
Listen in to learn:
- Why it makes no sense to throw away high quality food scraps and cuttings
- How coffee grounds can be used to grow superfoods in just about any home
- Why the future of food needs to offer more people better quality food for less money
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Nikhil Arora, the co-founder of Back to the Roots, an innovative company that uses up-cycled coffee grounds to grow mushrooms – and you can too using their at-home kits.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Why you should eat mushrooms?!
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes