EPISODE 195: Mysteries of the Brain, Secrets of the Heart
with James R. Doty, M.D.
Prefer to download? Download
Is your inner voice critical, self-defeating, and ruminating all day long? Our modern world is more knowledge-based than action-based, but what do you do when your inner voice is your worst enemy? How do you find balance and peace?
At YOGABODY, we’re huge fans of yoga practices, breath work, and healthy living, but visualizations is an often-overlooked way to change the focus of your mind’s lens from negative to positive, from past and future pain, to a present state of peace.
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, take a trip into the magical world of the human brain as we attempt to decipher its power and limitless abilities in order to manifest our lives. James R. Doty, M.D., is an American neurosurgeon, entrepreneur, philanthropist and a Clinical Professor of neurosurgery at Stanford University, and founder and director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education. Dr. Doty is also the New York Times bestselling author of Into the Magic Shop: A Neurosurgeon’s Quest to Discover the Mysteries of the Brain and the Secrets of the Heart.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Dr. Doty overcame a difficult childhood and past trauma to manifest his life
- How to change your life by first changing your brain
- How visualization can be a better choice than meditation for some people in some cases
- How to stop suffering from defining who you are
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Store bought bouillons, broths and soups – are they good for us?
Links & References from the Show:
- Write to us [email protected]om
Thanks to our sponsor:
“Teach Hot Yoga, Inspire Students, Change Lives!”
TAKE THE NEXT STEP! Join Absolute Yoga’s 200-Hour Hot Yoga Alliance accredited course in beautiful Koh Samui, Thailand.
This training is for:
- Serious students who want to teach
- Passionate yoga practitioners
- Students who want to share hot yoga with the world
Extremely small class sizes, huge teaching team, dedicated training facility!
Next course starts in June!