EPISODE 192: Buteyko Breathing: Is C02 Your Friend?
Discover this little-known, Russian breathing technique for regulating stress, combating asthma, balancing your nervous system, and improving sleep. Yoga teachers often treat carbon dioxide like it’s a toxic enemy to be eliminated as a waste product – but nothing could be further from the truth. C02 is extremely important for vascular dilation, oxygen absorption, and even metabolic health.
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll meet, Sasha Yakovlev, an expert in Buteyko-style breathing practices.
Listen in to learn:
- Why over-breathing can cause a myriad of health problems
- Why CO2 might actually be your friend
- How C02 works as a bronchial and vascular dilator
- Why reduced breath is actually the goal for most people to find balance
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Sasha Yakovlev founded The Inner Path Newsletter in 1991, the first Russian publication dealing with the topics of healthy lifestyle, self-development, and spirituality. Within a few years, Inward Path Magazine became a national publication with more than one hundred thousand readers. Sasha also opened the first health food store in the country, along with a holistic seminar center. Today, she is the Executive Director of the Breathing Center based in the United States.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Teas – why you should go back to basics
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes