EPISODE 178: Heal Your Shoulders w/ Yoga
Whether you’ve hurt your shoulder doing yoga or perhaps you’ve come to yoga to heal, Dr. Ariele Foster shares her knowledge about how the practice can help you recover from rotator cuff injuries and other shoulder issues. Listen in and learn which poses help and which exercises you should be avoiding altogether.
Listen in to learn:
- Why as many as 30%+ of people have rotator cuff tears
- Rotator cuff: 4 small muscles supporting ball + “saucer” joint
- Why “shoulder pathology” often includes tendons and/or muscles
- How dolphin pose and forearm stand can be helpful for healing
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Ariele Foster is a physical therapist, interdisciplinary yoga teacher, and anatomy teacher. She has a passion for creative, intelligent yoga instruction and for making yoga anatomy accessible. Her teaching is grounded in both the compassionate approach of Kripalu Yoga and her deep understanding of musculoskeletal well-being from working with thousands of patients. Ariele has completed more than 700 hours of yoga teacher training in Kripalu, Anusara, Therapeutics, Hatha Yoga and the tradition of Maty Ezraty / YogaWorks.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Black Pepper – superfood or flavour enhancer?<
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes