EPISODE 175: BONUS SHOW: 4×4 Balanced Breathing
When we practice yogic breathing, we can either up-regulate, down-regulate or balance our nervous system. In different situations, all three can be valuable, but for whatever reason, balanced breathing practices are not taught or practiced as often as they should be—and they are extremely useful.
In this mini-bonus class, you’ll learn the simple practice of 4×4 breathing as Lucas leads you through a shorted, seated practice.
Listen in to learn:
- How to use a 1-to-1 ratio for balancing your nervous system
- How to reduce your breathing rate by 1/2 or even 1/4 to find balance
- How to reduce your heart rate and increase your heart rate variability in a matter of minutes
- How to dramatically shift your outlook on the day with 10 rounds of breath
NOTE: this practice is 100% safe and accessible to people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds at any time of the day—except while driving.
Links & Resources:
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- The power of ginger!
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes