EPISODE 174: Live Dirty, Eat Clean – Microbiome
“The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for your soul to reside in.” – B. K. S. Iyengar
Your gut health is vitally important for your immune system, digestion, and even your mood. On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, gastroenterologist and wellness expert, Dr Robynne Chutkan, teaches the importance of a cultivating a balanced microbiome; and she warns against the severe impact digestive distress can have on your body and your life.
Listen in to learn:
- Why you should aim for “clean wipe” bowel movements
- Why your colon is not blocked—but it might not be so healthy
- Why probiotics cannot replace dietary healthy bacteria
- Why inulin fiber is crucial for feeding good bacteria
- How a plant-based diet can shift your microbiome (for the better) in as little as 30 hrs
- Why sweat when stressed out smells bad
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr Chutkan founded the Digestive Center for Women (DCW) in 2004, an integrative gastroenterology practice that includes nutritional therapy, meditation, biofeedback and counseling, as well as gastrointestinal procedures like endoscopy, colonoscopy, and video capsule endoscopy. He makes regular appearances on The Doctor Oz show, and has been a featured expert on The Today Show, The Early Show, The Doctors, and local news programs. She has been featured in numerous articles on GI diseases in The Washington Post, Self, Shape, Healthy, Yoga Journal, Ladies Home Journal, Fitness, Women’s Health, and the Huffington Post among others.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Why Kombu (seaweed ) is so good for you!
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes