EPISODE 172: Getting Started with Handstand
If you’re excited about inversions, and handstands in particular, than you’re going to love this week’s Yoga Talk Show. Ryan Hurst, Program Director and co-founder of GMB Fitness, shares his tips for how you can get started with handstand and what kind of training program you should follow if you want to advance.
Listen in to learn:
- How a “Cuban Rotation” can help strengthen and stabilize your shoulders for inversions
- Why “wall facing” handstand can be superior to kicking up with your back to the wall
- Why “hollow body” can be very helpful for building your core strength in handstands
- How much and how often to practice
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Ryan Hurst holds black belts in Kendo, Judo, and Shorinji Kempo and practiced 10 years as a competitive gymnast. He has extensive experience and a personal passion for arm balancing.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- The medicinal power of mushrooms!
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes