EPISODE 162: Flexibility Training: Nerves, Muscles & Soft Tissues
Some people seem to be naturally flexible while others struggle with even the most basic poses—but this need not be. In this bonus episode, Lucas explains the difference between flexibility training and stretching warm-ups, two very different practices that are often confused and delivery completely different benefits.
Listen in to learn:
- Why you should do stretching warm-ups before exercise, but should not do flexibility training
- Why stretching exercises before exercise will never lead to increases in flexibility, they simply maintain your current level
- How long-hold, passive stretching is most effective for nervous system and soft tissue change
- How to “hack” your nervous system with PNF techniques
Links & Resources:
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Dehydrated foods!
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes