EPISODE 159: How to Heal Your Messed Up Feet & Toes
Modern footwear leaves most people’s feet deformed by the time they reach adulthood, and these abnormalities lead to all kinds of movement problems, pain and cascading injuries.
For yoga students, stiff and deformed feet are synonymous with impaired balance and stability, and even though this is such a common problem, it’s something we rarely talk about. On this week’s talk show, Lucas is joined by, Dr. Ray McClanahan, to learn how to naturally fixing your feet and toes, as well as how to go about restoring the full function of your feet without resorting to corrective surgery.
Listen in to learn:
- Why elevated heels and arch support are usually a terrible idea in footwear
- How you can restore the flexibility and mobility in your feet
- Why so many athletes get injured every year
- Medical/surgical foot correction vs. self-care and natural medicine
- What footwear you should be wearing
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Ray McClanahan is a podiatrist, runner and athlete. He’s the founder of Northwest Foot & Ankle in Portland, Oregon. In his 17 years as a podiatrist, he has learned that most foot problems can be corrected by restoring natural foot function.
Ray is the inventor of Correct Toes, silicone toe spacers. His professional goal is to provide quality natural foot health services with an emphasis on sports medicine, preventative and conservative options as well as education on proper footwear.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Low carb diets: are they really all that?
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes