EPISODE 150: Ayurveda 101: Discover Yoga’s Ancient Sister Science
Ayurveda, often referred to as traditional Indian medicine, offers us a truly holistic look at health and wellness. From understanding your own personal constitution to the food you eat and the energies impacting you continuously, Ayurveda is truly a perfect pairing for yoga-minded students.
My guest today is, Ananta Ripa Ajmera, founder of “Whole Yoga & Ayurveda” a health practice using Ayurveda Health Consultations, Private Yoga Classes, and workshop series to help clients transform.
Listen in to learn:
- What is Ayurveda, and why is it of interest to yoga students
- The elemental energies at play in our world, bodies and lives
- Quick tips to getting started with Ayurvedic principles to your life
- Tri-doshic or sattvic foods and activities
- Strengths and drawbacks of practicing Ayurveda
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Ananta Ripa Ajmera is a certified yoga teacher, Ayurvedic Health Practitioner, and a graduate from NYU Stern Business School. You may have seen her writing on ElephantJournal, MindBodyGreen, CureJoy.com, Vivid Life, DoYouYoga.com, ABCNews.com, and LIVESTRONG.com.
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes