EPISODE 136: The “Fat Yogi” – Body Image & Yoga
If you hang out on social media, it’s easy to get caught up in the seeming importance of the outward appearance of yoga. It’s easy to develop ideals of what a yoga body should look like when in reality, you don’t need a skinny, perfectly-toned body to be a great yoga student – and as most yoga teachers will tell you, it’s irrelevant. Join Lucas Rockwood and Anat Geiger as they demystify the stereotypical notions of body image and yoga.
Listen & Learn:
- That yoga is open to all, regardless of body shape
- Anat’s view on the topic of yoga for yoga people vs yoga for everyone
- More about the trend of “Big-bodied” yoga classes
- Mainstream yoga: the good and the bad
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Anat Geiger teaches Taoistic principles of Yin and Yang in her classes. Anat has a background in dance, performance, and theater. She is certified at the 500hr level and has studied with Teresa Caldas, Dona Holleman, Paul and Suzee Grilley. She lives in Amsterdam and her “home studio” is called, YogaGarden.
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes