EPISODE 131: Becoming a Supple Leopard
Are you as supple a leopard or as bendy as a tortoise? The “supple leopard” himself, Kelly Starrett, joins YOGABODY for an insightful class on the importance of listening to your body whether practicing yoga or working out.
Learn how to bridge the divide between fitness folks and yoga students, finding the similarities and differences between the two practices. You’ll discover why self-care is essential and how to avoid potentially dangerous movement patterns, particularly if you’re a newbie.
Listen & Learn:
- Why “corrective exercise” is a form of self-administered physical therapy
- How to stay safe with any movement practice (yoga included)
- Why body workers and therapists are there to help, not heal you
- Why the traditional R.I.C.E advice for recovery is completely flawed
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Kelly Starrett is a coach, physical therapist, author, speaker, and creator of MobilityWOD, an amazing online resource center for athletes, cross-fitters, and anyone who is obsessed with movement and performance.
Kelly is the author of, Becoming a Supple Leopard a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller, and he’s got a new book out now called, Ready to Run.
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes