EPISODE 129: Handstands & Flexibility Tips from an Acrobat
Prefer to download? Download
Listen and learn all about acrobatics, inversions, hand-balancing and flexibility. This week’s guest, Andralyn Zayn, grew up as a competitive gymnast worked and trained with, The Underground Circus, in Vancouver before heading to circus school, where she specialized in hand-balancing and flexibility.
During her studies, Andralyn created a new specialty that combined acrobatics and hand-balancing, and later developed a class that focused on increasing people’s ranges of motion and flexibility. She is now a PICP Level 1 and 2 Certified Personal Trainer, Agatsu Certified Kettlebell Instructor, and Certified Gymnastics Coach.
In this Show, You’ll learn:
- Flexibility “training” vs. stretching (they’re not the same!)
- Basic hand, shoulder positioning for yoga vs gymnastics
- Use of the wall, props, and strength training
- Passive, dynamic, PNF & balistic stretching – who wins?
Links & References from the Show
- Write to us [email protected]