EPISODE 388: Being Ketotarian
When you’re fasting, your body undergoes rapid healing that is very well-documented and exciting, but it’s also extremely impractical. When you spend a few days without eating, you’re weak, tired, hangry, and no good for much of anything except lying around the pool (hence the need for fasting resorts). But what if there was a way to get many of the same hormone-balancing and neuroprotective benefits of fasting while still eating and feeling good? This is where ketosis comes in, and while it’s turned into a fad diet, the real uses for the occasional reset are timeless and relatively simple to use.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why ketosis is anti-inflammatory
- How it takes time to adapt to eating healthier fat
- Why the real exciting health changes are in the boring middle (not the extremes)
- How to think about food and nutrition from a balanced perspective
- Why inflammation can often be the deeper underlying issue with many fads in health
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Will Cole promotes functional-medicine and specializes in clinically investigating underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing health programs for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal dysfunctions, digestive disorders, and brain problems.
Dr. Cole was named one of the top 50 functional-medicine and integrative doctors in the nation and is a health expert and course instructor for wellness brands such as mindbodygreen and goop. He’s the author of the Inflammation Spectrum and the Ketotarian.
Links & Resources:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes